The OHCS is an institution supporting the Head of the Civil Service in providing the administrative leadership to the Government of the nation.
- Formulate/review the HRM related policies, guidelines, standards and programmes for the Service and facilitate their implementation.
- Monitor and coordinate all Human Resource Management related programmes in Ministries and Departments to ensure uniformity in the application of rules and adherence to standards.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of a robust performance management system for the Civil Service.
- Develop and facilitate the conduct of systematic, competency based training for the acquisition of skills consistent with the needs of the Service.
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the management of Civil Service Training Institutions.
- Develop record management policies and standards for records keeping in public institutions.
- Monitor and restructure the record management system and train staff in line with international best practices.
- Provide requisite environment for the storage, retrieval and use of archival materials.
- Design and institutionalise structures and systems to facilitate effective and efficient delivery of public procurement and Supply Chain management processes in the Civil Service.
- Develop/review standard operating procedures to guide procurement and supply chain managers.
- Develop and monitor composite annual procurement plan for the Civil Service.