IRDO was established on 1st January, 1999 with a of mision, vision and specific objectives. Subsequently it was registered with Directorate of Social Srvices, NGO affairs bureau and ‘Microcredit Regulatory Authority’ of the People’s Republic of Bagladesh.
The organization has a broad scope of work, aimed at addressing issues such as:
- Illiteracy eradication, poverty alleviation, preservation of Human Rights, conservation of the environment, development of health, nutrition and sanitation, prevention of HIV/Aids and other fatal diseases.
- To build awareness among socio-economic activities and conduct skill development training, and conducting SME and Micro Credit with savings for self reliant and employment generation. Agricultural development by research, training and technology transfer, flood, drought and saline water tolerent rice and vegetable introduction and cultivation.
- To bring a positive change in the productivity, skill development, awareness in all sector through active participation of rural and urban people of Bangladesh.
IRDO has been working since 1st January 1999 with the peoples whose lives are dominated by extreme poverty, malnutrition, illiteracy, disease, handicaps and many other socio-economic problems. IRDO strives to bring about a positive change in the quality of life of the poverty-stricken people of Bangladesh with conducting various development activities.
As our target group is living below the poverty line, we are committed to making our progress financially, environmentally and socially sustainable using innovative methods and appropriate supervision. IRDO believes, its mission will be success to bring about change at the level of poverty, unemployment and promoting human rights & dignity and gender equity.
With the very beginning of IRDO’s socio-economic development activities, it has taken Micro Credit Program, Tree Plantation Program, Health and population Program, Non-Formal education Program and Arsenic Mitigation Program etc. To break out the circle of poverty to wipe out hopelessness, improving the quality of health and environment, IRDO is always with the poor. The adopted programme is being implemented with efficiency, cost effectively and in a duly approved manner. The Executive Committee is always aware about the proper implementation of the program.
To build our country free from poverty, illiteracy and all kinds of discrimination.
- Democracy: Democracy, the best human rights policy in all the state of society, economy, politics and working places. IRDO believes, the democracy can ensure freedom of expression, justice, and proper policy making in the society for the greater welfare of the people.
- Creativity: Everyone has the potentiality and creativity, IRDO encourages and helps them to bring their potentiality and creativity in reality.
- Probity and Decency: Financial and personal probity, strong moral character, social decency, dignity of any kinds of people and labour is IRDO’s core value.