Clean up Nepal is a for-purpose, non-governmental organization registered in Nepal in 2014 that envisions communities having access to a solid waste management and water, sanitation and hygiene system with the associated knowledge and resources that will enable them to live a healthy, disease-free life. It provides an enabling environment by connecting, educating and empowering local communities and relevant stakeholders through a people-centered, solution-based approach.
Clean up Nepal focuses on improving the health of public and environment through systematic improvements of existing waste management systems and assisting in the setup of new systems where none exists. Due to limited research on waste management operations and functions and the multifaceted challenges in the waste sector of Nepal, Clean up Nepal’s approach has been to obtain a complete and accurate understanding of existing systems prior to program design and community solutions. We particularly engage with schools, communities and local governments in order to implement solutions in a synergistic manner. Clean up Nepal focuses on a people-centric solution approach by connecting, educating and empowering communities and stakeholders to improve solid waste management system in Nepal. To achieve this, we:
- Work in partnership with communities and governmental organisations to address fundamental solid waste management issues.
- Educate youth, students and communities on current solid waste management issues.
- Innovate and lead sustainable solution-centric programs to improve community health, well-being and provide an opportunity to the communities and stakeholders to be involved.
Clean spaces, clean air, clean water, and knowledgeable communities that thrive with responsible lifestyles and good health.
- Educating and training the youth, students and the wider community on issues of waste management including waste segregation, recycling, composting and greater awareness of consumption patterns.
- Engaging government and private waste management companies by providing a data and management platform to optimise waste management services and increase service access and quality.
- Engaging communities to address basic waste management issues such as haphazard littering, waste burning and improved community waste management.
- Empowering like-minded people and organisations with passion for improved surroundings to have a voice within Nepal.